To notify us of a Claim
If you suffer a loss, damage or injury and need to make a claim under your policy, then call us immediately on: 01843 603345 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
When reporting a claim you will need to supply us with the following information:
- Your name and policy number
- The date of the incident that is giving rise to the claim
- The details of the incident
- The details of the damage, loss or injury that has occurred
- Where the vessel is currently located or moored
- Any other information that we may reasonably request
We will add your details in the event of theft of your craft or equipment to the UK's leading marine theft register. Full details of this register can be found at www.stolenboats.org.uk
Claims Assistance & Service
Our staff are here to help you, whether you need a claim form, advice on claims procedures or assistance to resolve a problem.
When things go wrong it can be very distressing and whilst we are there to help, there is much you can do yourself following an accident.
- Firstly DON'T PANIC. Your first priority is to yourself and your crew. Make sure everyone is safe and uninjured following an accident. If they are hurt, call for medical assistance immediately.
- You MUST take all proper and reasonable steps to minimise the effects of any incident and prevent any further accident, injury, loss or damage resulting from the accident. If in doubt, take what action you would normally take if no insurance were in place.
- If your boat is in danger of sinking or taking on water, take all measures to get the boat out of the water as quickly as possible. DON'T wait to get permission from your Insurance Adviser as it may be too late!
- If your engine gets swamped always ensure you inhibit the engine as quickly as possible. You should use the services of a qualified marine engineer if you are not sure what to do.
- If you are hit by another vessel, make sure you take all necessary details of the offending vessel and skipper plus insurance details, if known. Also get names and addresses of any witnesses if possible.
- If your boat causes injury or damage to a third party, whilst being co-operative by providing details, you should NEVER admit liability without the consent of Insurers.
- In the event of theft, always contact the Police as quickly as possible. You must inform us, EIS Ltd as to the nature, type and extent of damage as soon as possible after any loss, damage or incident. Unless the vessel is totally lost, repair estimates will always be required, and an Adjuster may be sent depending on the severity of your claim.
REMEMBER - We are here to help, not hinder - SO DON'T DELAY CONTACT US NOW